Dancing the Futterwacken

Courtsey of ohjohnny.net
Like the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, if I just danced the Futterwacken when I felt the utmost joy or pain, couldn't that just be ok?

Sometimes in life, don't you ever wanna dance the Futterwacken? I do. All the time. Even now. For Alice has long been my hero. I don't know about you, but I was often in Wonderland and was Alice whilst growing up in my often scary and oppressed own life as a child. Back then it would have been brilliant to run off when there were important decisions to be made and float into a world of my own imagining. As I often did.

Where friends could have been hookah-smoking caterpillars with sage advice; where a somewhat lunatic red headed, mad-eyed, light-on-his-feet dancing Mad Hatter - (now in my mind, Johnny Depp) was perhaps my best friend that just "got" me. Let us not forget Tweedledee and Tweedledum, always there disagreeing to disagree. We all know these characters, now, as well as when we were growing up, becoming the people we are today. Come on, don't you ever go about your life, and someone says something, and you remember that scene from childhood? No? Oh, sorry. I do. But I don't say anything, because they might think I am mad.



Oh how I did imagine and dream worlds of floating Cheshire cats who rescued me from bloody-toothed beasts; of well dressed white rabbits who stressed about time, and mad tea parties where I was the one to save the oppressed world as they knew it from darkness and death; a world where I could drink a potion or eat a bit of cake to change my size, and ultimately slay the beast, the Jabberwocky, the monster that served the wicked Queen of Hearts who was often heard screaming..."OFF WITH HIS HEAD!....." A world where I was the hero. You didn't?

Wow. If times were like that now. Hmmm. I think I would have been merciful to some. Yet, I know there may have been a few heads off to the wayside without a doubt. BUT; slaying the Jabberwocky would obviously be a Rite of Passage. And I know I would have been up for the challenge. And if it were presented in front of me now; for if life was as simple as slaying a beast, I might finally have the courage to slay said beast with a giant sword, wearing armour, in all my glory; my long hair flowing behind me so that stories and myths could be written for future generations on scrolls of old.

In fact, I think I have already slain a few monsters.

But to dance the Futterwacken at the end of it all, in victory with Johnny Depp! Ha! I love Tim Burton's imagination. He speaks to me like no other. I would like to thank him personally some day. And what a day that would be, for I would surely dance the Futterwaken and make a bloody right fool of myself all day long! I have to say that Tim Burton's version of events couldn't have painted a better picture and watching the film just reiterated what I imagined as a child. Thanks Tim!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silence

Photos from my favourite City

Sadness is...not going to Burning Man