No labels please!

I write, does that make me a writer?  I paint and draw, does that make me an artist? I sell real estate (for now) for a living. Am I simply a real estate agent? I have two boys...I am a mother. I ride a Harley Davidson and a Vespa...some might say I am a biker! I practice yoga, am I a yogi? What's with all the labels?

At work I am surrounded by people who define themselves and their lives by what they do for a living. But the fact of the matter is, what about the rest of our talent? I believe we are so much more than what we do to make money. I am surprised by the amount of people that I meet that do not do anything else. Just go to work, go home. And then all over again. How does one find oneself if all they believe they are good for is what they do to make money?

I used to buy into all of that. I used to even go one step further and let how much money I had in the bank either give me confidence or make me feel like shit, depending on the balance...I look back at that now and I am disgusted. I will not let such shallowness define me!

I am a mother, a writer, an artist, a philosopher, a nurse, a cook, a fast driver, a lover, a motorcyclist, a Francophile, a fashion designer, a smoker, a photographer, a dancer, a yogi, a believer, a motivator, and plenty of other things before I am a real estate agent, and although (for now) selling real estate makes me money, I am still all the other things above...and maybe a few I didn't mention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silence

Photos from my favourite City

Sadness is...not going to Burning Man